Thank you for your interest in working at Dancing Creek Farm! We are a long term dog boarding facility providing discounted boarding services for military deployed families, students, charity workers and families in transition. The work we do here is very important and we have the highest standard of care in the industry.
Unlike traditional kennels dogs are kept in private cabins. each cabin has its own fenced play area. Our daily routine involves the following;
- Removing poop from dog yards
- Sweeping the cabins, decks and ramps
- Washing water buckets with soap & refilling
- Shaking off blankets and beds
- making sure the dogs are ok
- Feeding & washing bowls
In addition to our daily routine we also brush, give baths, clean teeth, do massage, walks and play with dogs. The emotional wellbeing and physical wellbeing of the dogs here is our top priority.
We are also hiring people for landscaping, gardening, maintenance and repair.
Dancing Creek Farm never closes. Dogs are closely monitored day and night with security cams. Someone is always at the farm. Various shifts are available depending on your skills. 8:00am-2:00PM, 2:00PM-7:00PM, 7 days a week.
What we Pay
Everyone is hired part time and the starting hourly rate is 8.00 per hour. You are given a two week evaluation & training several days a week. Once your evaluation is complete we will decide to give you more hours & days. You’ll then be placed on payroll & paid 9.00 per hour. We are looking for people that are self starting, that pay attention to details, follow all procedures and not cut corners. The pay could easily increase to 12.00 per hour depending on your ability to do this. If we have to continually check your work, remind you to do things or you’re too slow for the work given we will have to let you go. We do understand that it takes time and we give you the time to learn the routine. The more self starting and experience you gain the more you will be paid.
The job requires you to work in any kind of weather. This means heat, rain, snow. No matter the weather we still have to take care of the dogs. You should have proper shoes and clothes for this type of work. You will get dirty and sometimes wet. The job requires you to be on your feet for 5-7 hours. It involves lifting, bending and sometimes handling large dogs. You must be able to be on your feet, lift 30 pounds (water buckets), mop, sweep and keep areas clean.
Once you are here for 3 months we will also give you a 45.00 per month cell phone credit. You will also be able to earn bonuses based on performance. After 6 months we will even consider training you for other positions within the company and sending you for classes to meet that position.
Dancing Creek Farm will be as generous as you are. If you come to work with a great attitude, work hard and stay focused you will be rewarded.
Rules & Procedures
For the safety and wellbeing of all animals & humans at the farm we have rules and procedures that must be applied. It’s important you know this before applying for a job with our company. These could result in immediate termination.
- No personal cell phone usage during work. No facebook, no texting, no calls.
- Never strike, push or shove an animal.
- No smoking is permitted within the complex. You are given a short break every two hours.
- You are responsible to show up on time. If you or one of your kids are sick we’d like to know the night before so we can get someone. After two times calling in sick last minute we will require a doctors note in the future to return to work.
- No personal drama at work. This includes standing around gossiping with other staff members.
- Its important to be rested for your job. You can’t show up tired, hung over and we do impose mandatory drug testing.
Cutting corners is not permitted.
If you feel you are a good fit for Dancing Creek Farm please click the link below and complete the online application.